Which pathways are offered?
- Networking—This pathway prepares students to design, maintain, install, analyze, and manage network systems. Successful establishment and maintenance of IT infrastructure is critical for all businesses/organizations.
- Programming—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
- Web and Graphic Design—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Systems Support Specialist
- Computer Engineer
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Software Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Network Administrator
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Computer Programmer—$84,280/year
- Software Developer—$105,590/year
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$142,530/year
- Graphic Designer—$50,370
- Network Administrator—$82,050
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- ACA Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Certiport Python
- Certiport JAVA, C++, HTML5, CSS3
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Information Support and Services Exam
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Computer Networking Fundamentals